Wednesday is here once again! This week’s prompt is: Girl Code. Apparently this is a show on MTV. Since we only watch Sprout and the news around here, I had never heard of it. Also, I’m real lazy. So I didn’t watch the video clip either. But we have permission to spin this topic to fit what we want to write about.
Here is the code I hope Avery will live by:
- I really want you to keep developing that awesome sense of humor you have. I don’t know how much of your 15 month old personality you keep, but you are pretty awesome. Keep it up!
- Love your body. Enough to keep it healthy and not to abuse it.
- Know your limits. Then push yourself a little further.
- You won’t always think so, but I love you most in this world. Whatever good times and arguments that are to come, remember that.
- Girls can do anything just as well (most of the time better) as boys can. Except for peeing standing up. Just don’t even bother trying.
- Friends are more important than crushes. Don’t ditch them.
- Family is more important than both. Don’t ditch them.
- Good things to know: how to change a tire, how to sew a hem, basic cooking skills, bangs don’t look good on everyone.
- I hope you will know what is fighting for and what is best to ignore or let go. Sometimes it’s a fine line.
- Second chances are earned.
- Learn to forgive. And let go of hurt. Life is too short to hold on to negativity.
- Please, try to remember: no matter how old you get, you will always be my baby.