It’s baaaaack! Jeni from Story of My Life has brought us all together again for another month of fun prompts. But with weekends off! I am excited for an entire month where I don’t have to think of ways to entertain you people! 🙂 It’s not too late for you to participate. I love reading everyone’s posts. To see different takes on the same topic. And to learn more about you!
Tuesday, September 3: Describe where or what you come from. The people, the places, and/or the factors that make up who you are.
I thought about going about this topic in a couple different ways. My people come [mainly] from Italy [hence my love for carbs] and Germany [beer completes me]. That could be a fun post.
I could also talk about childhood and how being the oldest child is completely awesome. And has been a hardship. Can we say “practice kid?”
But then, I found this:
So we are going to see my world. According to me at 15. [I had to bust out the calculator to see how old I was in 1999. Thank God the date is right on the cover!]
I’m almost tempted to make a vlog of me reading this literary gold mine to you. Almost. Instead here are the highlights:
- “Jennifer” was the most popular name the year I was born. But how many of you other Jennifers can say the you were named after a character on a soap opera? Just me? Thought so! I had 4 Jennifers in my 3rd [or maybe it was 4th] grade class. And we all went by “Jenny.” So we had to write our last initial on everything. Except there were 2 Jenny Hs. So I had to label everything “Jenny Ho.” No lie.
- There is a chapter titled “My Room.” The first sentence reads, “Many people mistake my bedroom for a disaster area.” Some things never change.
- Chapter 3: My Favorite Things. TV Show: Friends [still good] Radio Station: Zone 105 [then it became Drive 105 the best station. that. ever. was.] Male Celeb: Ben Affleck [who knew he would stand the test of time? This girl.] Hobby: sleeping [word.] Store: Target [Amen]
- I write about “one thing I value, treasure, or cherish.” My grandpa built a dollhouse for me when I was young. It’s just a one room dollhouse, but it is still my most cherished item. :: click photo to enlarge ::
- I use the word “loquacious.” I must have found a thesaurus. Because I have no idea what that word means.
- There is a section where my parents and sisters each write me a letter. Excuse me while I find a tissue.
- According to this I learned how to “be myself” in junior high. You know, the time where you try desperately to fit in with everyone else?
- Chapter 7: This is me 15 Years from Now [Oh dear lord, that is now!] Fifteen years from now seems like forever away. [you’re telling me!] I will have graduated from Burnsville Sr High School’s class of 2002. After finishing high school, I would go to college. I don’t know what my major will be, but I want to be going to school in Boston. [Duluth is close enough, right?] I will have already met the most wonderful man in the entire world [you did!!] and after I finigh college we will get married. [well, you got married!] We will travel all over the world together. The place I will love the most is Italy. [We’ll get there. Don’t rush us!] We will buy a house in the suburbs [check!] and have an even number of children. [I love me some even numbers!] We will have many pets the we will rescue from the pound. My life will be happy because I will surround myself with people and things I love. [I am happy to report this last sentence is 100% true. Good girl.]
Wow. I probably haven’t looked at that thing since I wrote it. I wonder what grade I got on it.