My baby doesn’t seem to be much of a baby anymore. Avery turned 18 months on October 12. [hold me...]
If you would like to look at her 15 month recap for comparing, here you go!
:: vitals ::
- weight: 25 lbs 11 oz. (75-90%) The exact same weight as 15 months.
- height: 33 inches (90%)
- head: 18 inches (50%)
:: what the doc said ::
She seemed very impressed with you this visit. That you knew where your ear was and that you said “all done!” (in a super mad way) after she looked in your ears. You are a smarty pants.
:: favorites ::
You don’t seem to have a favorite book anymore, you just love all of them and want up st read to you all the time. It’s hard to say no when you say “please” so dang cute!
You have a couple new favorite things to watch on the TV. You love Dinosaur Train. And you go around the house ROARing and stomping all the time. And right before bedtime you love watching Daniel Tiger.
:: other ::
- eating: You are still a great eater. Willing to try new things. And only picky once in a while.
- sleeping: Better, not awesome yet.
- teeth: You haven’t been teething much lately. Which is good for your mood.
- clothes: Strictly 2T. Which I’m confused about. With your weight staying the same and only growing one inch. Another mystery of the world!
- vocab: 15 months: You are learning new words pretty quickly. You can say Dadda, mo [more], peeze [please], baba [bottle], craka [cracker. but you use this for pretty much all foods], uh-uh [insted of no], nigh nigh [night night], Memo [Elmo], and Looli [Lucy]. And when we hold your hand to walk you say “go go go.” And you’ve recently been parroting things we say. 18 month additions: chip, upca [cup], Abba [Abby and backpack. Your guess is as good as mine], te tee [thank you. I die every time she says it!], sock, sho [shoe], ish [fish] and bee is pretty much anything that starts with a B.
- nicknames: It’s pretty hard to shorten Avery. Daddy calls you “Av” sometimes. My nickname for you is Peanut. Sometimes it’s PeanutButter. I call you Trouble sometimes. Very fitting.
Since you started walking you have been so fun to watch. Exploring new things and becoming more daring. Learning new skills. You love following Lucy around and trying to use her as a pillow. Thankfully, she has been very patient with you.
You are so fun to play with. You love your toys and books. You are good at sharing…sometimes.
As much as I wish you could stay little forever, I just love watching you grow and become this awesome little person.