It’s an end of year recap!!
I feel really lucky that my 2013 was completely decent. Especially when I read other people’s posts about the year that was. That being said, I am really excited for 2014! I tend to enjoy the even-numbered years more.
In 2013 I…
- Started this little bloggy blog. And that lead me to meet some pretty awesome ladies! I’m pretty sure I’m addicted to blogging. Not going anywhere.
- Watched my daughter reach so many milestones. She turned one (!) and (finally) started walking. She keeps building her vocabulary and learning new things everyday. I love watching her grow and become a little person. But she could slow it down a little.
- “Ran” in a 5k every month from April to November.
- Quit my job that was killing my soul. And started a wonderful job that allows me to stay home more with Avery and where I am appreciated. Which is a new experience for me!
- Got two more tattoos!
- Joined a book club with some of my favorite friends. I love having a reason to carve out time to read every month.
- Found out that we are expecting baby 2 in June! Which has led to me spending the last couple months sick and on the couch. I will not miss the morning sickness. Whenever it decides to leave…
I have really enjoyed reading everyone’s resolutions/goals for 2014. I have come up with a few goals for myself for the upcoming year.
Health: This one has many parts to it. I’m not going to be focusing on weight since I will be pregnant half the year. And probably recovering the other half. I really want this pregnancy to be easier than last time. My goal is to make it to the gym 3 times per week. At the minimum: walk one mile each time. I also want to get more veggies into our meals.
Money: We need to get better about our spending/saving habits. Eating meals at home is a good start. I have been lazy with the coupon clipping lately. I am going to try to get back to that. If this winter keeps being so cold, we will just be hunkered down at home. That should save us some money! Also, have you seen the saving jar thing on Pinterest. Where the first week you put one dollar in the jar. Then the next week two dollars. You increase the amount by one dollar each week. And by the end of the year you have over a thousand bucks! Which you can save/use for vacation/Christmas gifts/whatever you want. I am going to try that this year too. Wish me luck!!
Other: Jeremy suggested that I take an hour every couple of days to do something crafty. I like that idea. I like it even more that he came up with it! Maybe crafts one day, reading another day. I am excited for the prospect of a little “me time” a couple of times per week!
I hope that Jeremy and I can squeeze in a few date nights before baby 2 arrives. We haven’t been able to go on many dates lately. That will be a high priority goal.
Golf! I got this awesome set of golf clubs for Christmas two years ago and haven’t been able to use them yet! I at least have to make it to the driving range this summer! My poor, neglected clubs…
That is a good, manageable list! Hopefully I can stick with it. But if not, I don’t plan on beating myself up about it. 🙂
What is something you hope to accomplish this year??